How to Add End Screens To Your YouTube Video
There’s a relatively new feature on YouTube and it’s called End Screens.
If you haven’t played around with this yet, you should watch the video below (and keep reading). Today I’m going to show you how to add end screens to your YouTube video.
What to know about End Screens
You can add End Screens to any video you’ve uploaded on YouTube, and unlike Annotations, you can view it on mobile. However, you can only add it within the last 20 seconds of your video.
What’s best about end screens is it helps you with audience retention – people will just keep on watching more of your videos!
Where to add End Screens
- Log in to YouTube
- Click on your avatar on the upper right corner
- Click Creator Studio
- On the left sidebar, under Video Manager, click Videos
- Choose the video you want to add an end screen to, click Edit
- Among the tabs at the top, click End Screen & Annotations
End Screens: Elements
You can add any of the following elements to your End Screen (up to four):
- Video or Playlist. You can promote a video or a playlist.
- Subscribe. You can ask your audience to subscribe to your channel.
- Channel. You can point your audience to a different channel.
- Link. You can direct your audience to click a link to an approved website (your associated website, online store or crowdfunding site)
You can also resize these elements – but take note that there’s a limit as to how big or small they can get.
End Screens: Pros, cons and best practices.
- When adding a video, YouTube recommends the “Best for viewer” option.
- If your video is part of a series, you can add the previous video to the end screen
- Use templates or import an end screen from another video to set it up with just one click.
I really love this feature. Go ahead and give it a try!